Thursday, March 14, 2013

Getting into Blender

I got started with Blender several years back.. I don't remember how I found it or why, but I think I just had an interest in doing this stuff, and wanted to see how much software to do it costed, and I found an open source one.. Blender.. for FREE! Of course this was back when version 2.5 hadn't even been released yet.. I was using 2.49, and I remember looking at everything and wondering how anyone could ever learn all that! well.. I was determined to figure it out! and when I learned how to turn a cube into another shape.. that was quite an accomplishment.. lol! (thanks to the blender wiki page, I've learned a lot of basics) Anyway.. I kind of gave up on it after a while and left it. Later I got back into it and learned a lot more, especially thanks to sites like blender cookie and blender guru, and after watching many tutorial videos, I've learned a lot of things, and have been able to make a lot of really nice models, which I will be sharing here.. and other models as I create them! I still have a long ways to go, and a lot to learn yet, but I consider myself an intermediate user. I haven't learned much of any animation yet, but I do have basic knowledge of game engine. I haven't been on it in a while again but have recently found the time to get back on it and have been using it again and hope to stick with it! So with that said.. thanks for checking out my blog and I hope you will enjoy the models I will be sharing on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment